Echo will come with everything included.
- Completely trained on and off-leash
- Food to last until you can establish your routine or switch
him to something else
- Fully Vaccinated
- Mendota brand British-Style Slip Lead
- 3-4 Lessons = One before he goes home || One when he
goes home || At least one follow-up
- Full benefits of standard Charlo members including:
- Lifetime Support
- Unlimited Group Classes
- Unlimited Phone Support
- One week free boarding voucher (Call for availablility)
Echo has found his forever home with the Toquero family!
We are especially excited for Echo's new home. He is a huge cuddle bug and will be putting these cuddles to use with a litle girl who needs some extra puppy snuggles to get through her day!
Breeding: Echo is an AKC registered Golden Retriever puppy from Heaven Scent Goldens in Molalla, OR. Both parents have good or better clearances from Eyes, Shoulders, Elbows, etc...
Energy Level: Moderate - Echo can be etremely spunky, but knows when to reign it in. He will hold a down if asked, but is not afraid to run with the big dogs. He is also quite the snuggle-bug.
Family Temperament: Excellent - He is fantastic with children as young as 2 yrs. old, with supervision (of course) to be sure there is no nipping, grabing, pawing or scratching.
Personality: Outgoing - Echo has a chipper personality and is excited to meet as many other creatures and people as possible. However, we try to limit this a bit so he doesn't get too excited.
Exercise: Moderate - With a field-bred background this guy loves doing. He love to play tug, run, and wrestle with the big dogs when allowed. Echo will also need a bit more excercise than a lot of dogs his age/breed simply because he is so mentally active. Fortunately, his new home gives him a job to do (which he loves) and will ensure he gets the right amount of mental stimulation daily.
Want someone like him?
While Echo has found his forever home, we would still be delighted to meet with you and discuss where we might find someone like him for your family! We ask you follow the "Booking" link above and schedule a "Meet&Greet - Puppy" appointment. To make other arrangements, or for any additional questions, please call Sam at (503) 867-2873.
Training Commands Include:
- "Here" || The recall command means come sit in front of me and look up at me.
- "Sit" || Sit down where you are and stay seated.
- "Down" || Lay down (front elbows must be on the ground) and stay laying down.
- "Place" || Climb up on an object/obstacle and stay on that object.
- "Heel" || Stand/Walk on left-hand side with nose aligned with leg.
- "Free" || Release command. This tells him he no longer needs to be following any particular obedience command.
- "Off" || Let's him know what he is doing is never okay. Great for setting boundaries in the home.
- "Drop" || Let go of the toy you are playing with so we can do something else.
- "Good" || Marks the behavior as something he should be doing. The "correct response" or action.
- "Nope" || Marks the behavior as something he did incorrectly, not wrong or bad, just incorrect.
Training isn't just about obedience
We train for temprament including how well they behave out and about. Echo will have been socialized starting at eight weeks. This includes exposure to people, dogs, cats, carts, and sounds in a wide variety of different situations. Our puppy projects go everywhere with us; stores, parks, restaurants, and even family events. Learning to be calm and working in all of these different environments will ensure your puppy behaves in any situation. (Echo will have had exposure to and worked with babies and young children.)
In our ten week puppy program, we cover potty training, crate training, puppy biting, nipping, socialization, creating calm behaviors inside the house, car manners, vet manners, and full on and off-leash training. Training begins the day you get your puppy, preventing bad behaviors before they have developed. Starting training at eight weeks is the best way we can set your puppy up for success.