Rosie will come with everything included.
- Completely trained on and off-leash
- Food to last until you can establish your routine or switch
her to something else
- Fully Vaccinated
- Mendota brand British-Style Slip Lead
- 3-4 Lessons = One before she goes home || One when she
goes home || At least one follow-up
- Full benefits of standard Charlo members including:
- Lifetime Support
- Unlimited Group Classes
- Unlimited Phone Support
- One week free boarding voucher (Call for availablility)
- One crate just her size.
We are delighted to introduce Rosie to you! Rosie will be ready for her forever-home on/around October 15th. She comes completely trained, housebroken, off-leash capable, and full of cuddles for the right family.
Breeding: Rosie is an AKC registered Golden Retriever puppy from Heaven Scent Goldens in Molalla, OR. Both parents have good or better clearances from Eyes, Shoulders, Elbows, etc...
Energy Level: TBD - Rosie is just now starting her training, while she does have the normal puppy spunk, we haven't had her long enough to really say for certain what her energy level is.
Family Temperament: Excellent - She is fantastic with children as young as 9 mo. old, with supervision to be sure there is no nipping, grabing, pawing or scratching.
Personality: TBD - She is one of the most outgoing of her litter which really made her stand out to us, but we will not be able to give a certain measure to this until she is 12 weeks old.
Exercise: TBD - She comes from a line with some field-bred higher energy dogs, but mental exercise is worth a lot of physicl exercise. This will likely settle between light-moderate. Again, we will make a more final determination once she is 12 weeks old.
This information was updated 8/7/17. Next scheduled update is 9/4/17
Want to meet her?
Before we start talking about go-home dates or anything like that, we need to get to know you a little bit, and you should probably at least meet the little gal! We ask you follow the "Booking" link above and schedule a "Meet&Greet - Rosie" appointment. To make other arrangements, or for any additional questions, please call Sam at (503) 867-2873
Training Commands Include:
- "Here" || The recall command means come sit in front of me and look up at me.
- "Sit" || Sit down where you are and stay seated.
- "Down" || Lay down (front elbows must be on the ground) and stay laying down.
- "Place" || Climb up on an object/obstacle and stay on that object.
- "Heel" || Stand/Walk on left-hand side with nose aligned with leg.
- "Free" || Release command. This tells her she no longer needs to be following any particular obedience command.
- "Off" || Let's her know what she is doing is never okay. Great for setting boundaries in the home.
- "Drop" || Let go of the toy you are playing with so we can do something else.
- "Good" || Marks the behavior as something she should be doing. The "correct response" or action.
- "Nope" || Marks the behavior as something she did incorrectly, not wrong or bad, just incorrect.
Training isn't just about obedience
We train for temprament including how well they behave out and about. Rosie will have been socialized starting at eight weeks. This includes exposure to people, dogs, cats, carts, and sounds in a wide variety of different situations. Our puppy projects go everywhere with us; stores, parks, restaurants, and even family events. Learning to be calm and working in all of these different environments will ensure your puppy behaves in any situation. (Rosie will have exposure to and worked with babies and young children.)
In our ten week puppy program, we cover potty training, crate training, puppy biting, nipping, socialization, creating calm behaviors inside the house, car manners, vet manners, and full on and off-leash training. Training begins the day you get your puppy, preventing bad behaviors before they have developed. Starting training at eight weeks is the best way we can set your puppy up for success.