Toby will come with everything included.
- Completely trained on and off-leash
- Food to last until you can establish your routine or switch
him to something else
- Fully Vaccinated
- Mendota brand British-Style Slip Lead
- 3-4 Lessons = One before he goes home || One when he
goes home || At least one follow-up
- Full benefits of standard Charlo members including:
- Lifetime Support
- Unlimited Group Classes
- Unlimited Phone Support
- One week free boarding voucher (Call for availablility)
Toby is available and will be able to go to his new home at the end of July '18.
This is absolutely one of our favorite puppies we have worked with so far, and honestly we would be perfectly content if he ended not finding a home and remaining in ours. But seriously, he will probably get more love and attention from a family where he is their focus.
Breeding: Toby is an AKC registered Golden Retriever puppy from Heaven Scent Goldens in Molalla, OR. Both parents have good or better clearances from Eyes, Shoulders, Elbows, etc...
Energy Level: Low-Moderate - Toby can be spunky, but is often more conservative with his energy. He will hold a down if asked, but is not afraid to run with the big dogs.
Family Temperament: Excellent - He is fantastic with children as young as 2 yrs. old, with supervision to be sure there is no nipping, grabing, pawing or scratching.
Personality: Outgoing - Toby has a calmer personality, but is still excited to meet as many other creatures and people as possible, but is not so excited he will forget about you.
Exercise: Low to Moderate - With a field-bred background it's a wonder this lovable furball doesn't just want to run. He still enjoys walks, playing ball, tug, but is just as content to sit by your side and enjoy some cuddles.
Interested in adding Toby to your family?
Adding a dog to your family isn't something you should take lightly. If you have read this far and are considering adding "tobes" do your tribe the first step is to meet him and us! We ask you follow the "Booking" link above and schedule a "Meet&Greet - Puppy" appointment. To make other arrangements, or for any additional questions, please call Sam at (503) 867-2873.
Training Commands Include:
- "Here" || The recall command means come sit in front of me and look up at me.
- "Sit" || Sit down where you are and stay seated.
- "Down" || Lay down (front elbows must be on the ground) and stay laying down.
- "Place" || Climb up on an object/obstacle and stay on that object.
- "Heel" || Stand/Walk on left-hand side with nose aligned with leg.
- "Free" || Release command. This tells him he no longer needs to be following any particular obedience command.
- "Off" || Let's him know what he is doing is never okay. Great for setting boundaries in the home.
- "Drop" || Let go of the toy you are playing with so we can do something else.
- "Good" || Marks the behavior as something he should be doing. The "correct response" or action.
- "Nope" || Marks the behavior as something he did incorrectly, not wrong or bad, just incorrect.
Training isn't just about obedience
We train for temprament including how well they behave out and about. Toby will have been socialized starting at eight weeks. This includes exposure to people, dogs, cats, carts, and sounds in a wide variety of different situations. Our puppy projects go everywhere with us; stores, parks, restaurants, and even family events. Learning to be calm and working in all of these different environments will ensure your puppy behaves in any situation. (Toby will have exposure to and worked with babies and young children.)
In our ten week puppy program, we cover potty training, crate training, puppy biting, nipping, socialization, creating calm behaviors inside the house, car manners, vet manners, and full on and off-leash training. Training begins the day you get your puppy, preventing bad behaviors before they have developed. Starting training at eight weeks is the best way we can set your puppy up for success.