Whiskey will come with everything included.
- Completely trained on and off-leash
- Food to last until you can establish your routine or switch
her to something else
- Fully Vaccinated
- Mendota brand British-Style Slip Lead
- 3-4 Lessons = One before she goes home || One when she
goes home || At least one follow-up
- Full benefits of standard Charlo members including:
- Lifetime Support
- Unlimited Group Classes
- Unlimited Phone Support
- One week free boarding voucher (Call for availablility)
- One crate just her size.
Whiskey Palmer is from Heaven Scent Golden Retrievers in Molalla Oregon. She is a fully trained 4.5 month old golden retriever puppy and we are very excited for her forever home with the Palmer family!
Breeding: Whiskey is an AKC registered Golden Retriever puppy from Heaven Scent Goldens in Molalla, OR. One parent has good or better clearances from Eyes, Shoulders, Elbows, etc... the other parent is expected to complete those same clearances early Summer '18.
Energy Level: High - Whiskey is etremely spunky, and reigns it in alot through play and work on obedience commands. She will hold a down if asked, but would rather run with the big dogs.
Family Temperament: Excellent - She is fantastic with children as young as 1 yr. old, with supervision, to be sure there is no nipping, grabing, pawing or scratching.
Personality: Outgoing - Whiskey has a chipper personality and is excited to meet as many other creatures and people as possible.
Exercise: Moderate-High - With so much field (working dog) background it's no wonder this lovable furball enjoys running and playing so much. She loves to play ball and run and wrestle with the big dogs.
Want someone like her?
While Whiskey has found her forever home, we would still be delighted to meet with you and discuss where we might find someone like her for your family! We ask you follow the "Booking" link above and schedule a "Meet&Greet - Puppy" appointment. To make other arrangements, or for any additional questions, please call Sam at (503) 867-2873.
Training Commands Include:
- "Here" || The recall command means come sit in front of me and look up at me.
- "Sit" || Sit down where you are and stay seated.
- "Down" || Lay down (front elbows must be on the ground) and stay laying down.
- "Place" || Climb up on an object/obstacle and stay on that object.
- "Heel" || Stand/Walk on left-hand side with nose aligned with leg.
- "Free" || Release command. This tells her she no longer needs to be following any particular obedience command.
- "Off" || Let's her know what she is doing is never okay. Great for setting boundaries in the home.
- "Drop" || Let go of the toy you are playing with so we can do something else.
- "Good" || Marks the behavior as something she should be doing. The "correct response" or action.
- "Nope" || Marks the behavior as something she did incorrectly, not wrong or bad, just incorrect.
Training isn't just about obedience
We train for temprament including how well they behave out and about. Whiskey will have been socialized starting at eight weeks. This includes exposure to people, dogs, cats, carts, and sounds in a wide variety of different situations. Our puppy projects go everywhere with us; stores, parks, restaurants, and even family events. Learning to be calm and working in all of these different environments will ensure your puppy behaves in any situation. (Whiskey will have exposure to and worked with babies and young children.)
In our ten week puppy program, we cover potty training, crate training, puppy biting, nipping, socialization, creating calm behaviors inside the house, car manners, vet manners, and full on and off-leash training. Training begins the day you get your puppy, preventing bad behaviors before they have developed. Starting training at eight weeks is the best way we can set your puppy up for success.